Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ONE REASON WHY I LOVE MY HUSBAND!

Ok. so after we moved we needed a entertaiment center for our t.v. ( which was at the moment just sitting on the floor) thus our conversation:

Me: hon, i am having a baby shower here next week and need to either move that t.v. out of the way or buy an entertaimnet center.

Mark: i am not moving that t.v. again, ( the t.v. is very heavy -it took four men to move it) we will go looking tomorrow.

(Tommorow- after looking at many many centers)

Mark: why don't i just build one, then we can get what we exactly want and all it will cost is the lumber.

Me: fine. when are you going to have the time? because the shower is next week and all you have is this weekend.

(Mark rarely takes a saturday off- so this was going to be interesting)

Mark: hopefully, some of my jobs will be done by friday and saturday i will plan to build it.

Me: Are you going to have enough time to finish it on saturday?

Mark: i don't see why i shouldn't- at least the main frame of it.

Me: that is why i married you.

Mark: so i can build stuff for you?

Me: Yup, that's pretty much why.


mark finished the entertainment center within 4 hours on saturday and we then stained and distressed it. He still has to build the doors for it but at least i have my t.v. off the floor. Thank you my love! so here is the finished project that i again have been late on getting up on my post.







i also finished a project of my own- i wanted to fill in the big arches that look into our living room from our formal dinning room. i found these old windows at an antique shop and sanded them down and painted them.

12 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Wow Way to go Erin on A) the cute window hangings in the arch and B) marrying a guy that can make you stuff like an entertainment unit! It looks great!

Carson Calderwood said...

Nice Marky-mark and sweet idea w/ the windows Erin.

Marisa said...

WOW you guys, what a gorgeous house! I am so impressed with the entertainment center, it's beautiful! And the windows are so cute it makes me want to do something like that in my house. Also I love the picture of you two at the top of your blog!

Kara said...

Super cool Erin! I love what you've done so far. And your dining room furniture works perfect in that room! I want to see more!

Amy said...

Erin, so when can he build me one. Mark has a talent. Well, so do you. The window idea is awesome. I love it. Post more pictures of the inside of the house.

Suzanne said...

How creative are you! How creative of Mark too! Your home is beautiful! Like Kara, I want to see more!!

Shauna Brown said...

Way to go Mark! That entertainment center looks amazing and I love the windows! Excuse me Miss Crafty! I love it!

Suzanne said...

Okay, so I was just linking from my site to yours, and stumbled upon your interests, which included "Sex"... and nothing else. Oh how I miss you guys. Hey, they have a sex museum here in China... so crazy, since it is SUCH a conservative country. But let's just say- included in the tour is huge buildings... shaped like body parts.

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

Oh my land! That guy is AMAZING!!! It looks awesome! And I love the old windows you hung! I want your house!

Love,

Jamie

normaneugene said...

Mark is amazing! What a great guy to have! How's he going to top that for Mother's Day. Beautiful job, Mark. Wish I could see your house, Erin. Looks beautiful. Dad

jenn goodman said...

What a crazy cool hubby!!!! It looks awesome and better than anything you can buy in the stores!


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!