Monday, May 12, 2008

RECAP OF LAST WEEK- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


( Jaron's flowers he made for me for mother's day at preschool)
Last tuesday jaron woke up not feeling good and within a couple of hours he was puking. Nice way to start the week! but to my surprise that same morning my wonderful husband came home early from work and took over. His project that day got moved and since mother's day was coming up he sent me out for the day! So off Iwent to pamper myself with a nice spa day. After I got my nails done and had a very nice hour massage, I then went shopping! It was so nice to not have to think for just one day of poopy diapers, sick children or dirty laundry. thank you my love!
I am so glad to have gotten that little vacation early because the next night I was up all night with jace. I think it is partly him teething with a cold on top of it all. so I got about 3 hours of sleep wednesday night and by the time thursday morning came I was a reck. After I dropped jaron off at preschool I went home and tried to lay down and rest at much as I could. I felt terrible and at the time I thought it was because of the lack of sleep. That night my throat was so swollen it hurt to swallow and I was running a fever that lasted thru the night. ( thankfully my husband came to the rescue again and was up with the kids that night while also taking care of me) the next morning I was at the doctors and getting treated for strep! ( 2nd time this year!)
Thankfully by sunday morning I was feeling 100 percent better. After church we went to mark's parents house and celebrated mother's day with the cousins while the men cooked for their wives. I am truly thankful for my awesome husband who is always taking care of me and our children and thankful to have such wonderful and gorgeous children who make me laugh and cry all at the same time!



4 comments:

Amy said...

I came to the realization a long time ago that God gave families mothers and fathers because it just is overwhelming to raise kids alone. I have a great respect for Greg's mom being a working single mom. Sarah astounds me every day. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I think we've been sick sence November...I'm not kidding. Sounds like you had a great mother's day!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

We had the sickies at my house recently. It's terrible. Thank goodness for helpful husbands. I don't know any one could do it alone.

Kara said...

Wowzers! I'm glad you were well enough to still enjoy bits and pieces of mothers day. What would I give for a day at the spa?!

jenn goodman said...

ERIN!!!
Hey girl! It's sooo fun to catch up on your family! You look amazing and your kiddos are just precious!

I can't wait to read through your posts and catch up on what you guys have been up to!

Love ya!
Jenny (Kuhn) Allen


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!