Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACE!



MY BABY IS ONE! this makes me so sad, but he had a wonderful birthday. i spent most of the day making his cake which i had hoped would have turned out a little better ( it was just different from what i had in mind) but it still turne out. we had his birthday party around 7:00 that night and we had invited friends and family to come over and celebrate. i have a tradition that i started and for my kids first birthday i make the inventations and make there cake. so as i did with jaron's and brinley's birthday i made jace's inventations and decided to send one on to my parents so they could at least see it. however i was very surprised that night when around 5:00 i got a knock at my door and there were my parents! they decided to drive over from utah to come to jace's birthday party- after all they were invited since they got an inventation. we all had fun watching jace try to figure out what was going on and celebrating my little man's b-day!

**love you mom and dad! thank you for your wonderful visit and all that you do!**

Jace chatting with his girfriends!


10 comments:

Amy said...

Erin! Your cake is awesome. You inspire me. I have to come up with something for Bella's birthday. Haylie and Freemen's cakes were sorry.

Suzanne said...

Erin, what a fun tradition! I remember hearing about Brinley's 1st birthday cake. Jace's is soooo cute, I love it! How did you do the letters?? We did nothing for the boys' birthdays this Feb (remember, they both have FEB birthdays)... so August is coming and i am thinking about doing an "unbirthday" for them... poor guys!! Miss you guys, I see Ian and Shea in the background, miss them too!

Clair said...

I can't believe Jace is a year old already?! Where does the time go!! As always, your cakes are amazing. So much talent and creativity. Please tell me your secret where you find all that time with three little ones running around :)

Evan Jamie and Maddy said...

that cake is AWESOME! I am more of a storebought kinda girl! lol. Looks like it was a blast! I CAN NOT believe he is one already!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

OMG Erin, the cake looks great! And what a fun suprise, that your parents showed up!

Kara said...

His cake was amazing. I can't imagine what you had originally planned...5 tiers?! Happy birthday little man. What a good addition to your sweet family. I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

Crystal said...

I am very impressed by your talents. What a great tradition, and memories that you are making. When you make your cake what kind of cake do you use and what kind of icing? Is it a box cake or do you make it from scratch. I made a caterpillar cake for Ciara's 1st and it was not very firm. So I would like to know your secrets to make such a great cake.

jenn goodman said...

happy birthday, jace!!!!!

Love the cake, Erin! You are so creative!

How cool is that, that your parents came to visit for Jace's bday! I guess our families are getting together this weekend for dinner ... I'm sooo jealous!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

first of all, you make cute babies! also, you make amazing cakes! why cant adam do that for me?!!

normaneugene said...

We are home now! We loved seeing our grandchildren. Jace...you are soooo cute. Just want to kiss those little cheeks all of the time. Love you Brinley...Love you Jaron. We had fun at your house. See you soon. Grandpa


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!