Monday, December 1, 2008

AN EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT

For I and mark's christmas present this year we decided to furnish our formal living room. to finish the room i still have to get a few things but for now this will work! one of my good friends is going to paint me a picture to go in the room and i am soo exited to see when everything comes together. I know people think we are crazy for getting this color but for one it is a micro fabric so it is washable ( otherwise we wouldn't have bought it ) and two our children have learned that there is some things in our house they do not play on or around. the only problem i have is that i will have to be a natzi with other people children- so we shall see.
I was very excited to start decorating for christmas this year because my christmas colors are red and silver which match this room perfectly. while growing up our family had many little traditions we did every christmas and this was one of them i loved as a child. my mom would make up a special calender for us for the month of december and we would decorate it with her. she would put several activities that we would do during the month like bake cookies together or what day we would see santa or when we go and see christmas lights together as a family. we were always so excited to count down the days to these activites. so i have carried on the tradition with my children and it is always exciting to me to see my kids enjoy the same things i did as a child.






5 comments:

Cobilynn said...

so gorgeous. i love the furniture. you are amazing. cute tradition, thanks for sharing I will use that. love you tonz.

Kara said...

What a great idea, I want to try that with my kids! I'm doing it TODAY!

And your house looks great, as usual.

normaneugene said...

Wow, Erin!! Maybe you should take up doing interior decorating. Can't wait to come to your house sometime to see this. Love you.

6Whittiers said...

I can't wait to see it in person. I love the Christmas calendar.

korie said...

Your right I did do something so you couldn't leave a comment. I fixed it. I love your pictures, your house and your calender. I wish I could just inlarge it and read all your doing :)
You've got to teach me more with my camera!


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!