Wednesday, March 18, 2009

EVERYTHING GREEN!

SO I FOUND THIS AWESOME WIG AT WALMART ON CLEARANCE FOR $3! I DECIDED THAT IT WOULD HELP ME FEEL A LITTLE MORE IN THE IRISH SPIRIT OF THINGS. WHAT DO YOU THINK, SHOULD I GO GREEN? HEY KARA AND CLAIRSSA I THINK THIS MIGHT BE DANCING MATERIAL!!

THE DAY STARTED OUT WITH A HEALTHY GREEN BREAKFAST-IN WHICH JARON AT FIRST DIDN'T WANT TO TRY BUT AFTER SOME COAXING HE FOUND OUT THAT EVERYTHING TASTED THE SAME, JUST LOOKS A LITTLE DIFFERENT.
THEN WE MADE SOME PLACE MATS IN HONOR OF THE HOLIDAY ( I MIGHT BE MOSTLEY AMERICAN INDIAN BUT I DO HAVE IRISH FROM MY MOTHER'S SIDE) FOR LUNCH IT WAS MAC AND CHEESE-IRISH STYLE.
FINALLY WE HAD A LOVELY GREEN DINNER WITH SHAMROCK COOKIES FOR DESERT.
BY THE TIME THE DAY ENDED I PRETTY MUCH USED UP AN ENTIRE BOTTLE OF GREEN DYE. WE ALL HAD FUN AND HOPE THAT EVERYONE HAD A HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!






8 comments:

Crystal said...

What a fun mom you are! Those are great ideas that I will have to try to remember for next year,

karis stapley said...

I would say your the coolest mom around! How fun! You did a great job at making that day so memorable for your kids!
By the way, this is Breanna's younger sister Karis. And yes, I was old enough to remember you & her hanging out together. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! Of course you would own a green wig :)And it would never have occurred to me to dye my food green! How fun!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

that's so funny, I too made green panckaes and milk. my kids did NOT want to try them. summer said "this looks discusting" and Emry asked if i was trying to poisen them. I finally forced them to drink and eat. They then figured out what a cool mom I was. The food tasted the same and I was so awesome for making it green. they then wondered what other colors i could make future pancakes and milk.

Haute Deb Designs said...

Wow, Erin, you are such a great mom!! Your kids are so adorable and I know they will remember all of the awesome things you are doing for them and love you for it. I better get on the ball!! Luv U

Cobilynn said...

The green works for you!!! You are awesome!

Robin said...

This reminds me what I would do on my mission to my "greenies". I'm a visual person so even though it's 'suppose' to taste normal...it never did for me.
p.s. You could get away with green hair permantely.LOL

Kara said...

What a CUTE idea! You are full of them these days! And I definitely think that this should be packed in your suitcase when you come out. This time we'll go to N. Beach where there will be less.how you say.immigrants and more GREEN!


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!