Thursday, October 2, 2008

WEDDING RING NIGHTMARES

I am sad today. Sometimes I leave my wedding ring next to the kitchen sink and I know that it's not the best place to leave it ( and now I have learned my lesson). I am assuming that this morning when I saw Brinley playing in the sink ( she was washing her hands but then she likes to play afterward) that she grabbed my ring and thus it ended in the garbage disposal. As I went to turn on the disposal 20 minutes later I heard the dreaded grinding sound and of course at the time had know idea my ring was even missing and figured it was something else stuck down there. As I fished around for the item that was making that grinding sound I soon plucked out a familar yet mangeled ring and instantley came a flood of tears. Luckily for me I have a wonderful husband who spent over an hour (and making him an hour late for work) pulling apart the disposal and searched for it's missing diamonds. I am also very lucky that I use to work for an insurance company and that I have insured all of my valuable assets. If I had not worked in the industry of insurance I know that I would have never thought to insure or to take the time to insure my wedding ring. I am still sad. I really don't know if the ring can be fixed, it might just have to be replaced. I don't want a replacement I just want the same ring I received almost 10 years ago.

8 comments:

jenn goodman said...

Oh Erin, that's so sad!!

I hope it can be fixed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad for you! Hopefully a jeweler can fix it for you :(

Amy said...

That makes me want to cry!!! I hope you can get it fixed!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

oh no!! thats horrible. i know exactly what you mean about not wanting a replacement. when i worked at target i lost mine and went home crying and then got up early to search for it the next day. i found it but that was the sadest night in my entire life.. which isnt that long but still!

Cobilynn said...

Sorry babe. My heart bleeds for you. Love you, Cobi

Kara said...

OH NO! OH NO! I'm so sad for you right now. I don't even know what to say.

The Hillan Family said...

I'm so sad for you! I lost my wedding ring 2 years ago. and I don't want another one, I just want MY ring back...I'm sure they will be able to fix it for you!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

OK now that Liz lives here in AZ, you need to come visit the both of us. Miss you.


gienger's "hotel"

Dalton's "catholic church"

blandfords "white trash trailer"

Graves " out house"

our "love shack" sorry no pictures of me at this time

what a group of houses! just lovely

making our first layer



reading christmas books while we wait for frosting to freeze

adding decorations

we love our gingerbread house!